1 hr 10 mins
This is the first recipe of my own that I've shared with anybody. This is a great, easy casserole that uses up that partial bag of frozen hashbrowns in your freezer. Tastes really good and is very flexible. Any ingredient can be substituted or omitted and quantities are flexible to taste. As a vegetarian, I made it veggie...but you can easily brown ground beef or chicken and add it to the mixture before baking. I hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl mix together the hashbrowns and the eggs.
- 3Mix in all the other ingredients and half of the cheese.
- 4Spread mixture into casserole dish(es).
- 5Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- 6Bake with lid on for 45 minutes.
- 7Remove lid and bake for 15 more minutes.
- 8Serve with sour cream on the side and sprinkle cilantro (if you like it).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Hashbrown Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.5
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 117.8 mg
- Sodium 417.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 14.7 g