Recipe by tricia ann
This recipe was given to me by my husband's Aunt Lorraine. Everybody loves it, and it is quick and easy. We often substitute ground venison for the ground round.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round (or venison)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can Mexican chili beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (or Mexican style tomatoes)
- 1 (11 ounce) bagof white corn tortilla chips
- 8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese or 8 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) container light sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble ground round into a large skillet, add chopped onion and cook until meat is brown.
- Drain well.
- Pre heat oven to 350°F.
- In a 13x9 baking dish combine browned meat/onion mixture,chili beans,tomatoes,1/2 of the tortilla chips(crushed),2/3 of the can of enchilada sauce and 4 oz of the cheese.
- Stir just until blended.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 350F until heated through and cheese is meldted.
- Top individual servings with sour cream(if desired).
- Serve remaining tortilla chips on the side.