Recipe by LAURIE
Simple Mexi style potatoe dish...quick and easy!
Top Review by trixiejof302
This was very bland and tasteless. I was following the directions exactly when it occurred to me that there are NO seasonings added to this dish. I added some salt and pepper to each layer and sprinkled some paprika on top for color but it didn't help much. There was just no flavor here. We won't be making this again.
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) package hash brown potatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover Potatoes with boiling water and let stand 5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Layer 1/2 of potatoes, onion, chilies, and cheese in 8x8 greased baking dish.
- Dot with 1/2 the margarine.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes at 350.
- Uncover and bake til golden brown, about 10 minutes.