Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Chorizo potato balls
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2⁄3 lb fresh chorizo sausage
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 2 green onions, very thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a cookie cooling rack inside a 17.25X11.5X1inch cookie sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and with clean hands mix until well combined.
- With an ice cream scoop, form into balls and place on the cookie sheet.
- Let rest and set in the refrigerator about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and crispy outside.
- Let rest a couple minutes before placing on a platter.