Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
1001 More Low Fat Recipes
- 1 lb boneless beef roast, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 quart water
- cooking spray
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large poblano chiles, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb idaho potato, cooked, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Heat beef cubes and water to boiling in a large saucepan; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until beef is tender, 30 to 45 minutes. Drain. Shred beef.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium until hot. Cook beef over medium high until it begins to brown and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato; cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add poblano chiles and onion to skillet; cook until tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook until browned, 5 minutes. Add reserved meat mixture to skillet and cook until hot, 3 minutes. Season to taste with chili powder, salt and pepper.