Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is something that I threw together with ingredients I had on hand. I thought it turned out pretty well - easy and tasty. Not fancy, but it's good comfort food!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can rotel, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- asadero cheese, for topping (or other cheese of your preference)
- Brown ground beef in large saucepan.
- Add onions and garlic; saute until onions are soft.
- Add cream cheese; cook, stirring constantly, until cream cheese is melted.
- Add corn and Rotel; cook until the mixture is heated through.
- At this point I did add some Asadero cheese (a soft Mexican cheese, good for melting - Monterey Jack would probably work if you can't find the Asadero) to the mixture and let it melt.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or Mexican rice.
- Top with Asadero cheese and let melt (I microwaved mine to melt the cheese).
this is my first review. This was excellent! The only change I made was to add some taco seasoning to the meat after I cooked it