Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A spicy moist twist on the boring burgers! You can also make meatballs or meatloaf with this recipe. Grill or broiling them makes clean up a snap!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (Chunky, if loose do drain to equal 1/2 cup, I like HOT but do use to you liking!)
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons canned diced green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- Mix all together in bowl, do not over handle.
- Shape into patties and grill or pan fry to your liking.
Very, very good burgers, did not change or add anything. I also used the hot salsa. Cooked them in my grill pan on the stove top and looking forward doing these on the barbeque this coming summer.
Made this for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game and we weren't disappointed! Made as directed and put these on the BBQ and topped with Guacamole: a Basic Recipe#480107, tomato, onion and cheese. Thank you for posting a delicious recipe and one I will make again and again.
These are the most delicious burgers. We eat them as a steak instead. I used both chunky salsa and Salsa Verde. Came out great!!!! Also it you allow them to get a little charred on the grill it gives them more flavor.