Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is very good and very easy. I usually have these ingredients on hand.
- 12 ounces corn chips, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces chilies, diced
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- serve with shredded lettuce and chopped tomato
- picante sauce or taco sauce, sour cream
- Brown hamburger. Add soup, sauce and chilies and mix well. Crush 1/3 nachos or fritos and add 1/2 hamburger mix,place in bottom of casserole and then layer as follows 1/2 onion and 1/2 cheese, 1/3 nachos or fritos then remaining hamburger mixture, onions and cheese. Top with nachos or fritos (additional cheese if desired) and bake in 13x9" pan at 400 for 20 minutes.
I make this all the time but instead of the chilies, I use one can of rotel. My family loves it! Even my pickey eaters.
I did a birthday dinner the other day with a mexican theme. I made this casserole and used chili cheese fritos and sharp cheddar cheese. Also added finely chopped green onion but did not use all of the soup (only a little less than half and I mixed that with some of the picante and used the rest of the picante under the top layer of cheese. I put shredded lettuce, little cherub tomatoes cut in half and black sliced olives on top after it came out of the oven. Then we put a dollop of sour cream on top of each individual serving. YUM! This is so easy and it is quite good. Thanks for sharing it with us!!!
Not good. I agree with 1happygirl all the way.