Recipe by atm1970
This is a party favorite, even converted many who "did not like" avocados. Recipe is from my friend's family from Mexico. I do not put lime juice in my recipe or jalapeno peppers, I prefer this easy authentic recipe just as is. Depending on the size of the avocados, tomatoes and onions, recipe may be doubled or tripled for larger crowds.
Top Review by mazedar
I just tried this recipe tonight, my husband loved it and it was fast too. I would add only one thing, do not forget the salt, season, season! I'm always so hesitant when it comes to salt!
- 2 ripe Hass avocadoes (avocados should be turning dark brown and pliable)
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Split avocado in half.
- Remove pit.
- Score avocado meat with knife vertically and then horizontally.
- This will create little cubes of avocado.
- Repeat with remaining halves, place in a bowl larger enought to make dip.
- Add diced tomatoes, onions, and minced fresh cilantro.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Mix until ingredients form a dip consistency.
- Dip should have some lumps.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve with chips, tacos, or just eat plain out of the bowl!