Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a party favorite, even converted many who "did not like" avocados. Recipe is from my friend's family from Mexico. I do not put lime juice in my recipe or jalapeno peppers, I prefer this easy authentic recipe just as is. Depending on the size of the avocados, tomatoes and onions, recipe may be doubled or tripled for larger crowds.
- Split avocado in half.
- Remove pit.
- Score avocado meat with knife vertically and then horizontally.
- This will create little cubes of avocado.
- Repeat with remaining halves, place in a bowl larger enought to make dip.
- Add diced tomatoes, onions, and minced fresh cilantro.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Mix until ingredients form a dip consistency.
- Dip should have some lumps.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve with chips, tacos, or just eat plain out of the bowl!
I just tried this recipe tonight, my husband loved it and it was fast too. I would add only one thing, do not forget the salt, season, season! I'm always so hesitant when it comes to salt!
Oh, Lu, this was a winner! Had this for my Southwest dinner party last night; my guests just scarfed it up! Thanks for sharing!