Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Everybody knows what guacamole is. If you don't then here is your chance to make it yourself. Its easy! No cooking required either! By the way i consider this the real Mexican Style since i am a Mexican myself and in my family we have prepared it like this forever. The ingredients are almost identical to the Pica de Gallo recipe i have posted here Mexican Pico De Gallo
- First let me tell you my way of removing the avocado pit: Imagine the avocado has a belt around its belly, cut all the way around the belt, with the knife touching the pit.
- With both your hands take the top and the bottom section apart by twisting them in opposite directions.
- On whichever side the pit is on simply squeeze gently and the pit should pop out it doesn't on the first squeeze rotate the position and squeeze again.
- Ok now scoop all the nice green flesh of your avocados into a medium size bowl.
- With a masher or a strong fork start to mash the avocado, here it's your choice if you want it lumpy or puree like. I prefer it a little bumpy, like pancake batter bumpy.
- Add the chopped jalapeños, tomatoes and onions in the bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Add the salt last. Add less then 1/2 a tbsp or more depending on your taste.
- Make sure it's mixed well and enjoy! Try it with my Flauta recipe I posted the recipe as well for them (Recipe #199643).