Sami D's Note:
Everybody knows what guacamole is. If you don't then here is your chance to make it yourself. Its easy! No cooking required either! By the way i consider this the real Mexican Style since i am a Mexican myself and in my family we have prepared it like this forever. The ingredients are almost identical to the Pica de Gallo recipe i have posted here Mexican Pico De Gallo
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First let me tell you my way of removing the avocado pit: Imagine the avocado has a belt around its belly, cut all the way around the belt, with the knife touching the pit.
- 2With both your hands take the top and the bottom section apart by twisting them in opposite directions.
- 3On whichever side the pit is on simply squeeze gently and the pit should pop out it doesn't on the first squeeze rotate the position and squeeze again.
- 4Ok now scoop all the nice green flesh of your avocados into a medium size bowl.
- 5With a masher or a strong fork start to mash the avocado, here it's your choice if you want it lumpy or puree like. I prefer it a little bumpy, like pancake batter bumpy.
- 6Add the chopped jalapeños, tomatoes and onions in the bowl and mix with a spoon.
- 7Add the salt last. Add less then 1/2 a tbsp or more depending on your taste.
- 8Make sure it's mixed well and enjoy! Try it with my Flauta recipe I posted the recipe as well for them (Flautas De Pollo Con Queso).
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 353.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g