I threw this together the other night with ingredients I had and my husband said it needed to be added to the regular rotation! You could add beans to make it even heartier.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown turkey in olive oil with onions and garlic.
- In a large bowl, mix browned turkey with next 6 ingredients.
- Place in casserole dish and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes.