Recipe by K Crosby
I threw this together the other night with ingredients I had and my husband said it needed to be added to the regular rotation! You could add beans to make it even heartier.
Top Review by Kelley52
What a great weeknight supper! This would also be great for OAMC. I really liked the idea that this was not just another enchilada recipe. I did add beans too and I just placed the meat mixture over the rice and baked it. I served mine with homemade fresh salsa, guacamole salad, and flour tortillas. My husband likes his Mexican dishes spicy so he added Valentina hot sauce. This recipe is a keeper, thank you so much K.!
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese