Recipe by Ana_Isa
This is an altered version of my grandma's Thanksgiving stuffing recipe, and it is delicious! Would also work for tacos or tostadas.
Top Review by Bakabeth
This was so good!! And very easy to make. I made it for a dinner party last weekend as one of three main dishes and everyone was raving. I left out the olives, because I hate them, and doubled the garlic and cumin, because I love them. Considering I'm a little homesick and I still have most of the ingredients, I'll probably make it again this week! Thanks for a delicious recipe Ana_Isa! ;)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup of chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup olive (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (give or take, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pam cooking spray, 2 sprays, to use separately
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a small pan to medium/high heat, spray it with Pam, and toast the almonds on it until they are slightly browned.
- In the meantime, heat another small pan to medium/high heat, spray it with Pam, and sauté the can of tomatoes on it for about 7 minutes.
- As the almonds and tomatoes toast/sauté, heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan, and add the onion. When it is transparent, add the garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beef to the large sauce pan and mix it with the onion and garlic. Add the salt and black pepper too.
- Once the beef is no longer pink, add the tomatoes, almonds, raisins, olives, and cider. Make sure ingredients are all mixed together and then add the cumin.
- Cook for 10-15 more minutes, until beef is cooked through.