Recipe by Kathy(
Although this recipe is titled "mexican," it's more of an american creation. A good recipe when I'm looking for something easy and quick for dinner.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground pork or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green chili
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg white, beaten stiff
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook ground beef. Drain.
- Add to the cooked ground beef: onion, green chiles, chili powder, tomato sauce, and garlic powder. Simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan. Put meat mixture in pan.
- Beat together cheese, sour cream and egg white. Put on top of meat mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.