Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
When making Hamburgers for the boys, I make mine a little different adding extra zing and spice. I also like to place my burger in a flour tortilla and grilled a little longer to let the cheese melt. YUM, my favorite way to eat a hamburger.... like a taco. These burgers have salsa right in them too.
Top Review by sassafrasnanc
Yummy, yummy! We really loved these burgers! Zesty, spicy and delicious! Unfortunately my tortilla's were way too big for these so I begrudgingly used burger buns. Everything else was exactly by the recipe...and it was YUMMY! (I omitted the cheese on mine for diet reasons though - which was of course the one that was available for a picture...) Thank you Chef V for a burger recipe that was easy, yet delicious!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash dried chives
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 8 tablespoons salsa
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 8 slices American cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced long ways
- 1 tablespoon ranch dip
- 8 flour tortillas (8 in)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ground beef in mixing bowl and combine with the breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper and red pepper, and chives.
- Divide into 4 sections, add the salsa and cilantro to each and shape making large circular patties. Cut in half. (to fit flour tortilla).
- Place on a hot barbecue cook for 6 minutes on each side. Add each to a flour tortilla and add cheese, fold over. Grill a few more minutes until tortilla has grill marks and cheese has melted.
- Add tomato, red onion and Romaine and a dollop of Ranch Dressing.
- Eat like a taco. YUM!