Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
When making Hamburgers for the boys, I make mine a little different adding extra zing and spice. I also like to place my burger in a flour tortilla and grilled a little longer to let the cheese melt. YUM, my favorite way to eat a hamburger.... like a taco. These burgers have salsa right in them too.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash dried chives
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 8 tablespoons salsa
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 8 slices American cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced long ways
- 1 tablespoon ranch dip
- 8 flour tortillas (8 in)
- Place ground beef in mixing bowl and combine with the breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper and red pepper, and chives.
- Divide into 4 sections, add the salsa and cilantro to each and shape making large circular patties. Cut in half. (to fit flour tortilla).
- Place on a hot barbecue cook for 6 minutes on each side. Add each to a flour tortilla and add cheese, fold over. Grill a few more minutes until tortilla has grill marks and cheese has melted.
- Add tomato, red onion and Romaine and a dollop of Ranch Dressing.
- Eat like a taco. YUM!
Yummy, yummy! We really loved these burgers! Zesty, spicy and delicious! Unfortunately my tortilla's were way too big for these so I begrudgingly used burger buns. Everything else was exactly by the recipe...and it was YUMMY! (I omitted the cheese on mine for diet reasons though - which was of course the one that was available for a picture...) Thank you Chef V for a burger recipe that was easy, yet delicious!