Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Street vendors across Mexico sell this style of roasted or grilled corn topped with mayonnaise, chili powder and Cotija cheese. You can serve the unadorned corn on a platter with small bowls of the sauce, cheese and lime on the side so everyone can make their own. Found online on Eating Well.
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt or 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 ears corn, husked
- 4 tablespoons Cotija cheese, finely shredded or 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- 2. Combine mayonnaise, yogurt or sour cream and chili powder in a small bowl.
- 3. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until marked and tender, 8 to 12 minutes total. Spread each ear with 1 tablespoon of the sauce and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Cotija (or Parmesan). Serve with lime wedges.
- NOTE: Cotija cheese, also called queso Anejo or queso Anejado, is an aged Mexican cheese similar in texture and flavor to Parmesan. Find it near other specialty cheeses or in Mexican grocery stores.
Delicious! Couldn't find cojito, so I went to a local Mexican restaurant and begged. Not sure if they gave me cojito or feta....but it seemed a bit creamier than feta. Loved the mayo/sour cream mix on the corn! Definitely a recipe I'll make again. Thanks for sharing!
Enjoyed very much! I bought a super sweet corn b/c that is what store had, soaked corn a long time as we do NOT like the sugary syrup taste of super sweet corn. I also did not have Cojito but use feta instead. Thank you katzen for sharing. Made for Veggie Swap Dec. 2010.