Prep 3 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love this chicken. The marinade whips up in a minute in the food processor or blender. Preparation time does not include time to marinate.
- 8 chicken thighs or 4 chicken breast halves, on the bone
- 1 onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml Mexican oregano
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml dried chipotle powder
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 1 limes, juice of or 29.58 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 handful cilantro leaf (optional)
- Put all marinade ingredients in the blender or food processor and liquify.
- Put marinade in a gallon-size zip lock bag and add chicken pieces. Turn a few times to distribute marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours I leave it for about 10 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on hot grill. Discard marinade.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
Due to a time factor I played with the preparation of this recipe and it still came out quite delicious.
Instead of marinating I rubbed all the herbs and spices onto the slightly pounded boneless chicken breasts then pan grilled them in the olive oil. after cooking and cooling slightly I cut up the chicken and used it top a salad which I made a lime/orange vingrette with chipotle and garlic to compliment the spices in the chicken. The combination was great though I could easily have eaten the chicken on its own as it was very flavorful. This one's a keeper! Thanks for sharing, made for ZWT 8 by one of The Wild Bunch
This is by far the best recipe I have made from this website. I think this marinade is restaurant quality. My husband was also blown away. Thank you for sharing it.
One of the best chicken marinades EVER! I got this marinated for about 4-5 hours. Wow the flavor really stuck and got through the meat really well. Yummy stuff!