Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I needed to use up food in the frig before I cleaned it out, so I came up with this sandwich. Fundamentally, it's quesadilla made with gringo bread.
- 4 slices white bread, homemade preferably (I used Best Ever White Bread (Abm))
- butter, for spreading
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces Cotija cheese
- 1⁄3 cup homemade salsa
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced (optional)
- Spread butter on the outside of each slice of bread.
- Divide and place the cheese, salsa, (and avocado if using) on the unbuttered bread slices.
- Place the other slice of bread on top, buttered side up.
- Heat up a skillet on medium to medium-high heat and brown the sandwiches for about 5 minutes or until golden brown on each side.