I needed to use up food in the frig before I cleaned it out, so I came up with this sandwich. Fundamentally, it's quesadilla made with gringo bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread butter on the outside of each slice of bread.
- 2Divide and place the cheese, salsa, (and avocado if using) on the unbuttered bread slices.
- 3Place the other slice of bread on top, buttered side up.
- 4Heat up a skillet on medium to medium-high heat and brown the sandwiches for about 5 minutes or until golden brown on each side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for 2
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.6
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 1095.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 17.6 g