Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice Mexican twist to the beloved grilled cheese sandwich.If you can't get the jalapeno cheese bread, try adding a little chopped chipotle pepper to the butter! Or add some sliced pickled jalapeno on top of the cheese on the bread. From Yahoo.com.
- 4 slices thick jalapeno cheese bread (or whole grain bread)
- 4 slices jalapeno jack cheese, thinly sliced (or habanero jack cheese)
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup medium salsa
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat a griddle, sandwich maker, or a skillet over medium heat.
- In small bowl, mix butter and taco seasoning mix(adding in a little chipotle if desired). Spread half of mixture on one side of each piece of bread. Put cheese slices onto bread and top with remaining bread slices.
- Place the sandwiches, buttered sides down, on hot griddle. Spread top sides with remaining butter mixture.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa as a dip.
AY CARUMBA......this was FANTASTICO ..!!
A couple of minor alterations.....no jalapeno cheese bread, so used wholegrain - and as I can't get pepper jack cheese here (sob) I always use Aussie Jack or Colby mixed with some chilli flakes....
A totally AWESOME sandwich, that I demolished with absolute gleeful greediness!!
What a find- cheers Sharon !! Made with total pleasure for PRMR.