Recipe by Nif
OK, a Mexican grilled cheese is a quesadilla but this is a good one! This recipe is from a Canadian cheese magazine. Enjoy!
Top Review by alvinakatz
The havarti cheese gives this the nice creamy texture that you usually have to use nacho cheese to get. However we found the flavorings to be a little bland; so we punched it up a bit with salsa and lemon and salt.
- 8 small whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup red green or yellow bell pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 cups jalapeno havarti cheese, diced