Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
OK, a Mexican grilled cheese is a quesadilla but this is a good one! This recipe is from a Canadian cheese magazine. Enjoy!
- 8 small whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup red green or yellow bell pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 cups jalapeno havarti cheese, diced
- Evenly distribute toppings on 4 tortillas.
- Top with remaining four tortillas.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and cook tortilla sandwiches approximately 4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted and tortillas are browned.
The havarti cheese gives this the nice creamy texture that you usually have to use nacho cheese to get. However we found the flavorings to be a little bland; so we punched it up a bit with salsa and lemon and salt.
ok this is good i used pepper jack cheese even though i adore havarti .i used some of my jarred red peppers that i get at dollar tree cause they are a little softer and i think that would be good here and it was i started the tortillas on stove to grill them and finished in microwave since i made only one of these good recipe simple great lunch zaar world tour 8