Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is delicious served with your favorite salsa!
- butter-flavored cooking spray (or you can butter the bread instead)
- 8 slices hot pepper jalapeno jack cheese
- 8 slices white bread
- 8 slices lean deli ham (optional)
- Heat griddle to medium-high heat.
- Place 2 slices cheese (and ham, if using) on each of 4 bread slices; top with remaining bread slices.
- Spray both sides of sandwich with cooking spray.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve with salsa.
Better than regular grilled cheese...not sure how Mexican this is besides the jalapeno jack, but this tastes great! I made mine in the panini maker, on a ciabatta roll. Several hours later I saw my husband walking around with a sandwich. He never cooks so I asked where he got it and he said "A Mexican Grilled Cheese...I saw the recipe on the counter and made it" That's how easy this is!