Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
home-made 'mexican' goodness
- 2 flour tortillas
- 3 slices American cheese
- 2 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 pinch fajita seasoning mix
- spread the american cheese around the tortilla.
- spread the velveeta sparingly around the tortilla.
- sprinkle fajita seasoning.
- place the second tortilla ontop of the other and cheese.
- microwave until melted completely.
- dip in sour cream if desired.
These were ok. I found the velvetta cheese made them very salty. I put them in a frying pan instead of the microwave. The first set, I made like the recipe called for. Then I made a set with American cheese and Fajita Chicken strips in it. Another set with Fajita beef strips and American cheese. None were great while hot, but the next morning - cold - out of the frig they were pretty good. I preferred them that way. I'll try this again, using the chicken and beef but change up the cheese to a Mexican Taco mixture or Beef and swiss cheese mixture. Actually, if you think about it the possibilities can be endless; egg and ham, sausage and egg for breakfast; cream cheese and veggies for appetitzers... humm, guess I'll need to give it some more thought and let you know what happens!