Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My daughter, Jessica, discovered this dish when she had to make and take a Mexican dish to her Spanish class. We tried it out and found that the whole family enjoyed it. We like to serve it with refried beans and cheese. It's a quick and easy school night meal.
- Heat up the taquitos according to the instructions on the package and keep warm.
- Combine enchilada sauce and milk in a heavy bottom sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in sour cream and keep warm.
- In a casserole dish pour enough sauce on bottom to just cover the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Arrange taquitos on top of sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over the taquitos.
- Sprinkle cheese over each taquito and melt in a preheated 375 degree oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Optional-Garnish each serving with a teaspoon of sour cream, an avocado slice, chopped green onions, fresh diced tomatoes, and black olives.
- Note-We like to use El Monterey Mexican Grill Chicken Taquitos.