Tandy Higgins's Note:
My daughter, Jessica, discovered this dish when she had to make and take a Mexican dish to her Spanish class. We tried it out and found that the whole family enjoyed it. We like to serve it with refried beans and cheese. It's a quick and easy school night meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat up the taquitos according to the instructions on the package and keep warm.
- 2Combine enchilada sauce and milk in a heavy bottom sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- 3Stir in sour cream and keep warm.
- 4In a casserole dish pour enough sauce on bottom to just cover the bottom of the casserole dish.
- 5Arrange taquitos on top of sauce.
- 6Pour remaining sauce over the taquitos.
- 7Sprinkle cheese over each taquito and melt in a preheated 375 degree oven for 1-2 minutes.
- 8Optional-Garnish each serving with a teaspoon of sour cream, an avocado slice, chopped green onions, fresh diced tomatoes, and black olives.
- 9Note-We like to use El Monterey Mexican Grill Chicken Taquitos.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Grill Chicken Taquito Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.6
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 112.9 mg
- Sodium 786.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: