Recipe by Bev
Serve this as a side dish with Enchiladas and chiles rellenos. I discovered this in the Rice Cooker Cookbook.
Top Review by zannah17
I make this all the time. It goes great with just about everything. The only thing I do different is I add the cilantro at the very end before serving... I just love the taste of fresh cilantro. Still a keeper! Thank you!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Set rice cooker to Quick Cook or regular/Brown Rice cycle.
- Place the butter in the rice bowl.
- When melted, add the onion.
- Cook stirring, until onion is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice, water, salt and cilantro to the rice cooker bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Close the cover and reset for the regular/Brown Rice cycle, or allow the regular/Brown Rice cycle to complete.
- When the machine switches over to the Keep Warm cycle, let the rice steam for 15 minutes.
- Fluff rice with wooden or plastic rice paddle, or wooden spoon.
- This rice will hold on Keep Warm for up to 1 hour.
- Serve hot.