Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
A friend asked me to post this recipe which I like very much. The original recipe is from "Secrets of Salsa."
- 1 lb tomatillo, husked
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large no-stick skillet, grill the onion, peppers and garlic for about 5 minutes, turning them until they are evenly grilled (slightly browned). Place into a bowl and set aside.
- Grill the tomitillos next, by the same method.
- Put all the grilled ingredients into a food processor and chop fine by pulsing. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add cilantro, honey, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Stir. Refrigerate for an hour or so before serving.
- The salsa should be fairly liquidy. You can add additional broth if necessary.
- Serve over tacos and burritos.
- NOTE: I much prefer to use Tupelo Honey in this recipe which does somewhat improve the flavor.