Bone Man's Note:
A friend asked me to post this recipe which I like very much. The original recipe is from "Secrets of Salsa."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large no-stick skillet, grill the onion, peppers and garlic for about 5 minutes, turning them until they are evenly grilled (slightly browned). Place into a bowl and set aside.
- 2Grill the tomitillos next, by the same method.
- 3Put all the grilled ingredients into a food processor and chop fine by pulsing. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- 4Add cilantro, honey, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Stir. Refrigerate for an hour or so before serving.
- 5The salsa should be fairly liquidy. You can add additional broth if necessary.
- 6Serve over tacos and burritos.
- 7NOTE: I much prefer to use Tupelo Honey in this recipe which does somewhat improve the flavor.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Green Honey Salsa (Medium Hot)
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.5
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 85.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g