Recipe by HannahSve
Chicken, green chiles, and tortilla chips. Yum!
Top Review by sbera007
This has a lot of potential, but tastes a little too much like cream of chicken soup. I think next time I will reduce to one can of soup and up to 8 oz of cream cheese. I would probably add more chillis too. Overall, a good starter recipe. I will try again with variations. Reviewed for spring PAC 2010.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cooked chicken, drained
- 3 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 dash pepper
- colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together drained chicken and green chiles in a medium bowl, shredding chicken while mixing.
- Beat together cream cheese and cream of chicken soup until cream cheese is smooth.
- Combine chicken mixture and cream cheese mixture.
- Add cumin, garlic, and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour into medium baking dish. Top with cheese (however much you want!) and bake at 350 for 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and brown on the edges.
- All ingredients can also be dumped into the crock pot to heat.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips for dipping.