Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love the combination of green beans and tomatoes. This is a Rotel recipe I found on-line. Until recently we were unable to find Rotel in NYC. If you can't find Rotel in your area, any can of diced tomatoes & green chilies will do. This is a very quick and light side dish.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, fresh
- Trim green beans if using fresh.
- In a large skillet, saute beans, onion and garlic in hot oil until beans are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Rotel and basil.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve.
This was super simple and tasted very good. I used fresh basil and guessed the tsp measurement to be for dried - so used 2 tbs of fresh. Also used olive oil in place of the vegetable oil. This is close to the green beans I often make, but mine uses bacon and tomato. I guess that wouldn't be very vegetarian though eh? Made and Reviewed for Veg*N Swap 7 - Thanks! :)
was missing the (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies Was very good!
Very pleasantly surprised! Deliciouso!