Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Inexpensive, delicious and rather easy crock pot recipe.
- 2 lbs skinless turkey thighs
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces of chopped roasted green chilies, with their juice
- 3 white pearl onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 large flour tortillas, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- diced fresh tomato
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- Put the turkey thighs in the slow cooker.
- Cover with tomato sauce, chiles, onions, Worcestershire, chili powder, and garlic and stir to coat the thighs.
- Cover and cook on high for about 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove the thighs, let them cool a bit, pick the meat off the bones, and replace the meat back into the mixture, and stir well.
- Spoon the meat and sauce onto a tortilla and roll up.
- Top with your choice of cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, and/or lettuce. Serve immediately.