Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found the recipe in a magazine, the picture of the Gazpacho when ready looks lovely.
- 3⁄4 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions
- 2 tomatoes, medium-sized
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 16 ice cubes
- 4 tablespoons spring onion leaves, chopped
To be mixed into a dressing
- 1 tomatoes, medium-sized, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cucumber, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic flakes, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cut spring onions into roundels.
- Finely chop tomatoes.
- Keep aside.
- Microwave cucumber along with onion and spring onion on high for 5 minutes, covered.
- Stir once in between.
- Allow standing time of 2 minutes.
- Cool the mixture.
- Add 1 cup ice-cold water to it.
- Add tomatoes and blend in a mixer.
- Pass through a sieve to obtain the soup.
- Add 4 more cups of ice-cold water.
- Pour mixed dressing into the soup and add salt to taste.
- Mix well and chill soup in individual soup bowls in refrigerator.
- Serving suggestion: Top individual soup bowl contents with spring onion leaves and 4 ice cubes to serve before a summer day lunch.