Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These garlicy chunks of chicken will start off any evening meal or feed the game crowd, The spicy sweet sauce compliments the chicken perfectly
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Mix the cilantro, pepper& 6 cloves of garlic, rub this over the chicken pieces Place the chicken pieces,well apart, in a greased 10 x 15" rimmed baking sheet Bake in 500F oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile in a blender or food processor blend the tomatoe sauce, remaining garlic, sugar, vinegar& raisins until the raisins are chopped Serve the chicken hot with the raisin tomatoesauce.
these were great, I tripled the recipe without a problem, the sauce on these I believe made the party. My husband suggested making it again this week and serving it over rice or noodles. I am going to do that as well. To bad I can only vote once lol. thanks for such a great recipe.
This was a unique combination that worked so well together, the whole was even better than the parts. The chicken is packed with flavor and spice. The sauce it sweet and tangy - so much so I would not have liked it much alone. Together, they are a symphony of flavors that enhance and support each other a perfect combination of sweet and heat. Since I was using leftover tomato sauce, I warmed it a minute or two with the other ingredients so as to take the chill off. would suggest doing that if you prefer warmer temperatures. Thanks for another winner. .