Recipe by MrsMM
This turned out to be so delicious. DH loves salsa, so I just tried to incorporate it into another boring chicken night. I used Newman's Own salsa because it's what we had, but I think any brand (even your own) would do!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, chipotle flavor
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season breasts with taco seasoning.
- Bake breasts uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon salsa over each piece, taking care not to drench them.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top breasts with more salsa, sliced avocado and cheese.
- Bake uncovered 5 minutes.
- Note: cooking times will vary depending on your oven, or thickness of cuts. The ones I used were very thick.