Recipe by Stewie
I have served this appetizer many times to rave reviews! (one time I never made it out of the kitchen at a party--it was eaten by the kitchen "crew"!) Can be served warm or cold.
Top Review by lt1jane
I found this recipe on a jar of salsa and coudn't imagine anything more disgusting than fudge with salsa in it. Then, I read the recipe. It is wonderful although I generally just use a pound of cheddar cheese.
I have tried it with low-fat cheese which takes care of the oil problems, but then it sticks to the pan. For best results, I use ? a pound of full-fat cheese on the bottom and then ? a pound of low-fat cheese on the top.
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces grated monterey jack cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chunky, thick salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix cheeses together.
- Put 1/2 the cheese mixture in a greased 9X9" pan.
- In a different bowl, mix the eggs and salsa together.
- Pour this mixture on top of the cheese in the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares to serve.
- Tastes great cold.