Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A fruitcake with a south-of-the-border twist. This recipe was my grandmother's. I believe she got is from a friend.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine eggs, pineapple, sugar, soda, and nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- To make the icing, combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Ice cake while still hot from the oven.