1/1 Photo of Mexican Frozen Hot Chocolate Pie
Found this recipe in a recent issue of my Mom's Woman's World magazine. Served it at a BBQ I hosted and it was a smash hit. Don't let the cayenne scare you off. The heat is very subtle. That's how you make frozen chocolate "hot"! You can still make the recipe without it, but it just won't be the same.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place beaters and mixing bowl in freezer. (This is for the heavy cream.).
- 2Melt chocolate chips in double boiler or microwave. (Two minutes at 50% power usually works.) Cool.
- 3In separate bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk and milk.
- 4Whisk in melted chocolate.
- 5Stir in vanilla, cinnamon and cayenne pepper.
- 6Take bowl and beaters from freezer. Beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- 7Fold in chocolate mixture.
- 8Transfer 3 cups mixture to freezer-proof bowl. Cover.
- 9Pour remaining mixture into crust.
- 10Freeze bowl and pie 2 hours.
- 11Top pie with mixture in bowl.
- 12Freeze overnight.
- 13Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired.
- 14The preparation time does not include the first 2 hours in the freezer.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Frozen Hot Chocolate Pie
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.1
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 176.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 35.2 g
- Protein 6.4 g