Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chunky hot spicy salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- In 12” skillet, heat oil, add rice.
- Cook until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
I used chunky Pace picante salsa and added 1 can Mexi-corn to the rice. Other than that made just like the recipe says. Came out great, and we really enjoyed with our refried beans and enchiladas for dinner tonight. I will use this recipe often, as we love our Mexican food here!
Very good and fast recipe. Came out perfect. I used a milder chunky salsa. Will definitelu make this again.