Alan in SW Florida's Note:
This will put the fire out, after some spicy food. The kids will love it...and it's fun to make. Prep time does not include freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Ingredients for Fried Ice Cream
- 1/2 gallon French vanilla ice cream (please use the best quality you can find)
- 4 -5 cups corn flakes, coarsely crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, plus
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- vegetable oil
- sweetened whipped cream
- 1Place 8 scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet; freeze ice cream balls at least 1 hour or until firm.
- 2Combine crushed corn flakes and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Roll each ice cream ball in corn flake mixture, coating well. Place coated ice cream balls on baking sheet. Cover and freeze several hours or until very firm.
- 3Fry ice cream balls in deep hot oil (375 degrees) for 10 to 20 seconds, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and serve immediately with drizzled honey, sweetened whipped cream, and Cinnamon-Sugar Tortillas.
- 4RECIPE FOR CINNAMON-SUGAR TORTILLAS: Combine sugar and cinnamon, stirring well; set aside. Cut each tortilla into 4 wedges. Heat 1/2-inch of oil in a large skillet to 350 degrees. Fry tortilla wedges, a few at a time, 1 minute or until golden brown. Drain well on paper towels, sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Fried Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.2
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 196.8 mg
- Sodium 410.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 52.4 g
- Protein 10.7 g