4 hrs 10 mins
easy fried chicken with a nice salad, or raosted potatoes.Cook time includes the marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mash garlic with 1/2 teaspoon.
- 2salt until a paste.
- 3Rub chicken pieces with all the garlic mash.
- 4Arrange in a shallow single layer glass dish.
- 5Sprinkle the lime juice tabasco sauce,and onion over top.
- 6Cover and chill at least four hours.
- 7Turning twice.
- 8This also can be done in a baggy.
- 9Remove and pat dry.
- 10Mix flour with the remaining.
- 11salt, chili powder and cumin.
- 12Coat the chicken pieces with flour well.
- 13Heat a large frypan with about 1/4 inch deep of oil.
- 14Place chicken skin down, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- 15Uncover and cook 15 minutes.
- 16Turn chicken.
- 17Cook covered five minutes.
- 18Uncover and cook 10 minutes until done.
- 19Drain on paper towels.
- 20Sprinkle with salt while warm.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.9
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 127.6 mg
- Sodium 560.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 32.6 g