Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
easy fried chicken with a nice salad, or raosted potatoes.Cook time includes the marinating time.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs broiler chickens, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Mash garlic with 1/2 teaspoon.
- salt until a paste.
- Rub chicken pieces with all the garlic mash.
- Arrange in a shallow single layer glass dish.
- Sprinkle the lime juice tabasco sauce,and onion over top.
- Cover and chill at least four hours.
- Turning twice.
- This also can be done in a baggy.
- Remove and pat dry.
- Mix flour with the remaining.
- salt, chili powder and cumin.
- Coat the chicken pieces with flour well.
- Heat a large frypan with about 1/4 inch deep of oil.
- Place chicken skin down, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken.
- Cook covered five minutes.
- Uncover and cook 10 minutes until done.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt while warm.
I was disappointed. All I could taste was the lime juice!
SO GOOD!! We all loved this chicken! I used breasts only, and I also increased the garlic. ( Just personal tastes) This was pretty easy to do, and was a wonderful "fiesta style" version of Fried Chicken. Thanks so much for sharing! Made for World Tour.
Awesome chicken!! I used bonless skinless breast with great results. I love the spice these bad boys had. It only took about 5 minutes on each side for me. Made for ZWT 3!