Recipe by Mexi-Rosie
This is a delicious filling for sandwiches, burritos, empanadas, etc. When I've served it, people always want second or even third servings.
- 1⁄2 cooked chicken, shredded and lightly salted (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 25 g raisins
- 25 g blanched almonds
- 2 pasilla chiles, peeled,seeded,deveined and presoaked.
- 1 mulato chili, peeled seeded,deveined,and presoaked
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, only for spreading on bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter, part of it for spreading on bread
- 3 peppercorns
- 1 whole clove
Directions See How It's Made
- If making sandwiches, spread mayonnaise on one slice of bread and butter on the other slice.
- Sautee chilis and rest of ingredients (except chicken) in part of the butter or a little cooking oil.
- Season with salt and sugar.
- In food processor or blender, process the chilis with the rest of the ingredients, (except chicken) until it becomes a paste.
- Add to the shredded chicken Use as filling for sandwiches or burritos.