This is a delicious filling for sandwiches, burritos, empanadas, etc. When I've served it, people always want second or even third servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cooked chicken, shredded and lightly salted (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 25 g raisins
- 25 g blanched almonds
- 2 pasilla chiles, peeled,seeded,deveined and presoaked.
- 1 mulato chili, peeled seeded,deveined,and presoaked
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, only for spreading on bread
- 1/2 cup butter, part of it for spreading on bread
- 3 peppercorns
- 1 whole clove
- 1If making sandwiches, spread mayonnaise on one slice of bread and butter on the other slice.
- 2Sautee chilis and rest of ingredients (except chicken) in part of the butter or a little cooking oil.
- 3Season with salt and sugar.
- 4In food processor or blender, process the chilis with the rest of the ingredients, (except chicken) until it becomes a paste.
- 5Add to the shredded chicken Use as filling for sandwiches or burritos.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican-French Sandwich or Burrito Filling
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.4
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.5 mg
- Sodium 327.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: