- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup mexican beer
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (Tabasco)
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons canned green chili peppers, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons green salad pimento stuffed olives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- grilled chicken, cubed
- grilled steak, cubed
- grilled chopped linguica sausage
- sliced zucchini
- bell pepper, chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese and cornstarch.
- Add the beer to a small pot; bring to a bubble over medium heat.
- Decrease heat to a simmer and add in the hot sauce, lime zest, and juice, then the cheese mixture in handfuls.
- Stir constantly in a figure-eight pattern with a wooden spoon, melting the cheese in batches.
- When the cheese is incorporated fully, stir in the chili peppers and olives with pimientos.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and garnish with cilantro; serve with dippers.