Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is super easy to make and something I prefer over ground beef tacos! If I'm not making carnita tacos I'm making this one ;) Place in warm or fried corn tortillas and served with your favorite taco toppings. I like lettuce, onion, avocado and salsa myself ;)
Top Review by Mrs. Z
I don't know where I went wrong but I found this very bland. While it was resting I had to add much more garlic, pepper and salt. I also added Chili powder as another user suggested. It wasn't bad but I don't think I would make it again.
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 2 medium limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch garlic pepper seasoning (or 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, marinate the steak in the juice of the two limes, a small handful of cilantro, garlic pepper (or garlic powder and black pepper), and a generous pour of extra virgin olive oil. Flip the steak and season the other side.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to marinate for at least an hour or two.
- Grill the steak for 8-10 minutes on each side, until medium-rare (or medium, if desired). Let the steak rest off the grill for 15-20 minutes.
- Thinly slice, and chopped into pieces if desired.
- Place in warm or fried corn tortillas and served with your favorite taco toppings. I like lettuce, onion, avocado and salsa myself ;).