Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is super easy to make and something I prefer over ground beef tacos! If I'm not making carnita tacos I'm making this one ;) Place in warm or fried corn tortillas and served with your favorite taco toppings. I like lettuce, onion, avocado and salsa myself ;)
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 2 medium limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch garlic pepper seasoning (or 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, marinate the steak in the juice of the two limes, a small handful of cilantro, garlic pepper (or garlic powder and black pepper), and a generous pour of extra virgin olive oil. Flip the steak and season the other side.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to marinate for at least an hour or two.
- Grill the steak for 8-10 minutes on each side, until medium-rare (or medium, if desired). Let the steak rest off the grill for 15-20 minutes.
- Thinly slice, and chopped into pieces if desired.
- Place in warm or fried corn tortillas and served with your favorite taco toppings. I like lettuce, onion, avocado and salsa myself ;).
Simple & delicious meat recipe. I put the sliced meat on a total roll with guacamole & enjoyed every bite. Tomorrow I plan to have it on a salad. Thanks for sharing!
These were sooooo good, but I had to add some chili powder to the steaks because the lime was a little overpowering for me. They turned out great.
I loved the simplicity of this!!! Used lemon and just as wonderful!!!