1/13 Photos of Mexican Flan (Baked caramel Custard)
3 hrs 45 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
This is a traditional Mexican and Spanish dessert and by far my favorite. It is very easy to make and looks beautiful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1/2 cup sugar in a heavy skillet or saucepan, stirring constantly until it melts and turns a dark golden color.
- 2Remove from heat and immediately pour into a 4 1/2 cup metal ring mold, swish it around so it evenly coats the bottom of the ring mold.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- 4Stir in milk,1/2 cup sugar, vanilla and orange peel.
- 5Place caramel coated ring mold in another pan and place on an oven rack.
- 6Pour egg mixture into the ring mold and pour the hottest tap water possible around the ring mold to a depth of 1 inch.
- 7Bake at 325Ffor close to l hour or until a knife comes out clean.
- 8Cool flan on a wire rack, Chill for at least 3 1/2 hours.
- 9To unmold the flan loosen edges with a spatula, slip spatula down the sides to let air in.
- 10Place the serving platter over the mold and flip to allow the flan to slip onto the platter.
- 11Spoon the caramel that may remain in the mold on top of the flan.
- 12Pile sliced fruit in the center and serve.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Flan (Baked caramel Custard)
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.1
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 121.8 mg
- Sodium 78.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g