Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Absolutely scrumptious! Definitely not low fat and it looks like ****, but it tastes great. I sometimes make mine in the crockpot when asked to bring it to a party and it works just as well. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 1 (19 ounce) canchili style tomatoes
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- chopped jalapeno pepper
- Brown the ground beef and drain.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until cheese is melted.
- Pour into a casserole dish and bake at 400 degrees (uncovered) for 15 minutes.
- Serve with flour tortillas.
I couldnt believe when I stumbled on this recipe because I have only had this a one mexican restaurant and usually no one has ever heard of it. It was extremely close to our favorite authentic mexican restaurant. I used chihuahua and monteray jack cheeses which were excellent but NOT cheap. We have always had this as an appetizer and this made a healthy 9x13 pan which was way to much, so next time I will make like a quarter recipe. Overall very very good so glad I finally found a recipe for one of my favorites!
My whole family loved this stuff.It makes alot so be prepared for leftovers.We ate it on tortillas the first night,with chips as a snack later.Then I scrambled eggs and mixed the remainder of the dip into them until heated thru and made breakfast burritos.Kids loved it.But it does look nasty!!lol