Recipe by YummySmellsca
A spoonful of yogurt bumps up the creaminess of this rich avocado dip. Scallions, garlic chives and diced tomato add a little extra vibrancy, not to mention colour! I used this to help teach my Casa class about Cinco de Mayo and Mexican culture (i.e. the flag).
- 1 large ripe Hass avocado (flesh only)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced chives (I like garlic chives)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mash the avocado, lemon juice, yoghurt, pepper and salt until creamy but not all-the-way smooth.
- Fold in the tomato, green onion and chives.
- Press a layer of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole and chill at least 1 hour.
- Bring out 20-30 minutes before serving.