Recipe by lauralie41
A filling spicy rice and sausage dish that is baked with picante sauce, sour cream, and cheese. Adapted from a recipe websites newsletter.
Top Review by MelissaO'
Wow! I didn't know what to expect, but I am SO glad I tried it! I used the "hot" breakfast sausage, brown rice, and colby-jack cheese. The only other change I made was to add a can of drained and rinsed black beans. (It still fit perfectly into an 8 x 8 x 2 casserole.)
- 631.69 ml water
- 314.66 ml long grain white rice, uncooked
- 453.59 g ground pork breakfast sausage
- 453.59 g jar picante sauce
- 226.79 g container sour cream
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the rice, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown sausage until no longer pink.
- In a medium mixing bowl add cooked rice, cooked sausage, picante sauce, and sour cream. Mix well, place in casserole dish, and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve with sides of extra picante sauce and sour cream.