1/4 Photos of Mexican Fire Rice
A filling spicy rice and sausage dish that is baked with picante sauce, sour cream, and cheese. Adapted from a recipe websites newsletter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the rice, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- 3In a large skillet over medium heat brown sausage until no longer pink.
- 4In a medium mixing bowl add cooked rice, cooked sausage, picante sauce, and sour cream. Mix well, place in casserole dish, and top with cheddar cheese.
- 5Bake approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve with sides of extra picante sauce and sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Fire Rice
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.0
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 114.9 mg
- Sodium 1207.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 25.7 g