Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My girlfried made these "biscuits" and served them with a spicy bean soup and salad. Made a great accompaniment. She got the recipe from Southern Living.
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) canlarge refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (10 7/8 ounce) canlarge refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- Separate biscuits; cut each biscuit into 8 pieces.
- Add the biscuit pieces and salsa to a bowl, toss gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Top with cheese and sprinkle remaining ingredients evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until edges are golden and center is set; let rest 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- Good served with soup and salad.