This is a dish that I make about twice a month. My family loves this served with fresh cantaloupe and spanish rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 package medium flour tortilla
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- taco sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can peeled and chopped green chilies
- 2 cups shredded taco cheese (colby and monterey jack)
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1saute onion in a small amount of oil until tender.
- 2Add beef and brown, stirring.
- 3Drain grease from meat and add taco seasoning packet along with 1/3 cup of water.
- 4simmer, stirring occasionally.
- 5Meanwhile, place 3 flour tortillas on bottom of a 9 inch pie pan, spreading tortillas out to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
- 6Spread 1/2 of the refried beans over the tortillas.
- 7Add 1/2 of the green chilies.
- 8Cover with half of the meat mixtureand 1 cup of the cheese.
- 9Repeat the layers and top with cruched tortilla chips.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 11top with chopped tomatoes and serve with taco sauce, if desired.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Fiesta Pie
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.3
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.8 mg
- Sodium 706.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
taco seasoning mix